"X-Men First Class" Sequel is "Extraordinarily Ambitious"

Posted Sunday July 22, 2012 3:25 PM GMT

The "X-Men: First Class" sequel's director Simon Kinberg recently revealed secrets behind the anticipated film.

Although Kinberg said that it's "the most guarded state secret [he's] ever been around," he attempted to give eager fans more details about the superhero flick in a recent interview with Collider.

Simon said, "It’s extraordinarily ambitious," adding, "It is unlike the other X-Men movies and yet very much a celebration of the X-Men movies.”

At this time, specific details are still underwraps and production isn't set to begin until next spring, but in a former interview with MTV the director said that movie-goers can expect to see more of Michael Fassbender's character Magneto.

"Magneto becomes the villain ultimately of the franchise but he’s a much more complicated character as a young man. He’s someone you sympathize with, you care about you root for even though might not necessarily agree with his methods, you understand his philosophy," Kinberg added.

As previously reported by GossipCenter, Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence are under contract to return for the newest film.

Photo Credit: 20th Century Fox

Related Photos